30 Little Ways To Flex Your Creative Muscles Every Single Day
Write a letter to your future self and then stick it in a time capsule to read this time next year.
1. Print out your favorite Instagram pictures and create a scrapbook that you can physically hold in your hands.
2. Write a short story from your point of view about how you met your forever person and then gift it to them.
3. Find a cutesy recipe from Pinterest and attempt to make it with your best friends while you sip from a bottle of wine.
4. Find a tutorial on how to fold origami and then decorate your house with the finished product.
5. Buy an adult coloring book and fill in the pages with crayons.
6. Find chalk and write on the sidewalk (or a wall) with it and then take an Instagram picture in front of the creation.
7. Make different playlists that you can listen to when you are in different moods — when you are angry, when you are upset, when you are horny, and when you are heartbroken.
8. Do some online shopping to redecorate your apartment (or at least play The Sims so you can decorate a fictional house).
9. Instead of snapping selfies, try taking a photograph of something beautiful you can find in nature and then play with filters to create the most Instagram-worthy image possible.
10. Instead of painting your nails the same basic color you always use, try following an elaborate tutorial.
11. Put together an entire outfit only using the items that you haven’t worn in years (or that still have a price tag on them).
12. Draw out the next tattoo design that you have been dying to get but keep putting off.
13. Mute the television, put the subtitles on your favorite movie, and act out the lines yourself.
14. Write a letter to your future self and then stick it in a time capsule to read this time next year.
15. Experiment with a new, colorful makeup look that you would never actually wear out of the house.
16. Knit yourself a scarf. Or knit scarves for your friends and family so you don’t have to spend money on their birthday gifts.
17. Pretend you’re a kid again and visit Build-A-Bear with your family.
18. Blast your favorite music and dance around the house in your underwear.
19. Read fan fiction — or attempt to create your own.
20. Put together a flower arrangement that you can use to decorate your bedroom.
21. Pick a song and challenge your friends to each come up with dance moves for it. Then take turns performing.
22. Take a pair of older sneakers you never wear and use magic markers to decorate them.
23. Copy the YouTube trend that has been going around and make slime.
24. Invite your friends over to string together friendship bracelets like you used to when you were young.
25. Attempt to create a caricature of your favorite book character.
26. Write song lyrics and then perform them for your friends.
27. Buy tickets to Paint Nite so you can follow easy, step-by-step instructions with a paintbrush in one hand and a beer in the other.
28. Grab some of your plain white t-shirts that you never wear and tie dye them.
29. Dust off the instrument you used to play as a kid and see if you still remember the notes.
30. Write an article and submit it to a platform that accepts random submissions.