Creative people see the world through their own lens. They are often misunderstood or misjudged, but the truth is their minds and hearts are very unique, and they possess a multitude of characters and behaviors inside them. Even though creative people are very different from each other, they still share similar traits and behaviors.
1. They overthink everything. Creative people are always fueled by curiosity and inspiration. Looking for the next best idea and thinking of new ways to change the world. No matter what they do, they are always daydreaming, thinking, and making plans in their heads.
2. They do not know how to follow the rules. Or they try but they fail. They like to manage their own time and work whenever it is at convenient for them. Creative people always ask questions that challenge the status quo and wonder who enforced these rules to begin with. This is why they’re often rebels, but this is also how they redefine their own lives.
3. They need introspection. They need their solitude and time to be alone with their thoughts. This is how they recharge and reflect on their lives and their decisions. This is also when they produce their best work or find the greatest ideas.
4. They follow their passion. Or their heart, even if they fail, even if the whole world is telling them not to, creative people listen to their hearts and follow their passion and curiosity. They are motivated by creating things and reaching people, they will never settle for a job that doesn’t feed their souls.
5. They are moody. On the darker side; creative people can be moody. Shifting between several moods a day depending on what is happening inside their restless minds. They also feel everything so deeply which can be the source of their suffering.
6. They have a love-hate relationship with their work. They can love it one day and hate it the next. They can feel like they just produced a masterpiece and then feel like they want to throw it away. It’s a paranormal activity that can’t be explained, but it’s part of their lives and they just learned how to live with it.
7. They are insomniacs. Creative people will never have a good sleep regimen or sleep early and wake up early. They could be up all night and asleep all morning or vice-versa. When inspiration hits them, they have to wake up for it – no matter what time it is.
8. They know how to turn simple things around. Give them a simple idea or a simple project and see how they turn it around into something extraordinary. They have the ability to find the intricacies of things and bring them to life.
9. They are playful. In every sense of the word. Their creativity thrives on humor and fun experiences. They can put themselves in goofy or childish situations because these situations make them feel alive, and sometimes that’s all they need.
10. They are not afraid to try. Even if they are not 100% confident or they don’t really believe in themselves, they are willing to push the envelope and put themselves out there to try something new even if it’s not likely to succeed.
11. They don’t chase money. They don’t care about statements and papers, they want to do work that makes them genuinely happy and inspired even if it’s not a six-figure job.
12. They love talking to strangers. They love getting to know new people, looking for even more inspiration and engaging in new conversations. They always like to expand their horizons and they know that talking to people is the best way to learn.
13. They wear their hearts on their sleeve. They’re extremely honest and highly expressive. They are open with their emotions and with others too. They don’t fabricate stories or tell lies, they are often blunt and straightforward.
14. They never give up. Even when they fail, even when they’re being their own worst critic, even when they are running out of ideas, even when they are not finding inspiration, they still fight for it, they still try to find it, they do whatever it takes to make things work. They don’t give up on their dreams and they are not afraid to do it all over again.