If you’re fortunate enough to find your passion, you should pursue it. You shouldn’t allow fear to get in the way of your dreams. You shouldn’t overthink until you talk yourself out of doing what you love. If you’re on the fence about which career path to pick, these quotes from highly successful entrepreneurs will encourage you to pursue your calling:
1. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.”
– Mary Kay Ash
Instead of assuming you’re going to fail, take a chance on yourself. Believe in your abilities. Don’t count yourself out. Be your own biggest cheerleader instead of your own worst enemy.
2. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions; your passions choose you.” – Jeff Bezos
You can pretend you’re okay working a traditional 9-5 office job, but deep down, you know the truth. You know what makes you happiest. You know which passion you should really pursue. You can’t choose who you love when it comes to relationships — or when it comes to your career.
3. “When you cease to dream you cease to live.” – Malcolm Forbes
You’re going to spend at least five days at work each week. You don’t want to spend eight straight hours working a job you hate. In order to make the most of your time, in order to feel truly alive, you should pursue your passion. You should give yourself permission to dream.
4. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.” – Josh James
If you can’t get an idea out of your head, embrace that idea. Let it blossom. See where it takes you. Stop running from inspiration and welcome it with open arms.
5. “If something is important enough, or you believe something is important enough, even if you are scared, you will keep going.” – Elon Musk
It’s natural to fear the unknown. When you follow your calling, there’s no telling what your future is going to hold. You might reach success in a matter of years or you might struggle to make a name in your field for decades. However, if you love what you’re doing, fear won’t slow you down.
6. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.”
– Seth Godin
You might be terrified of following your dreams — but what’s the worst thing that could happen? Yes, you might fail, but if you put yourself out there and follow your passion, you at least have a chance at succeeding. If you don’t even try, there’s a zero percent chance things will work out.
7. If you’re passionate about something and you work hard, then I think you will be successful.” – Pierre Omidyar
The two most important traits in an artist are passion and hard work. If you have that special combination, you’re going to be surprised by how successful you become.
8. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
Don’t listen to what the haters say. Don’t listen to what the pessimistic voice in the back of your head says either. Listen to your heart, your gut, your intuition. Ignore all the other noise because it’s only going to bring you down.
9. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” -Jeff Bezos
It’s scary to follow your dreams — but it’s never a mistake to follow your dreams. The biggest mistake would be pushing your dreams to the side in order to play it safe.
10. “The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it.”
– Debbi Fields
You should be excited you’ve found your passion. You know what you want to do with your life. You know which path you want to take. Now all you have to do is put those dreams into action.